orange red!

I had the pinky purple colour for a couple of months.  It lasts really well but does stain a lot!! I decided that I fancied a change (nothing new there!) and wanted to do an orangey red instead. 

About 3 weeks ago I bought Special Effects - Hot Lava and applied it over the pink and these are the results!  My roots also went like a 3 tone shade which you can see slightly in the second picture - yellow, orange then orange-red!!  Reminded me of Hayley William's fire hair which is never a bad thing!



This is how its faded after 3 washes
 

It lasts quite well but I think it looks dull quickly so I will be changing again this weekend!  I got these results because I applied over pink hair.  However, if applied over bleached blonde hair I don't think you will get similar results.  The results you get will be like a copper-orange.

Sam xx

2 comments:

  1. I know this post is from last year but the colour is absolutely gorgeous! I was wondering if you could tell me how well the special effects hair dye last? I've used manic panic before and found it to have the best staying power, but I've been dying to try this for ages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply! I'm not as active on this blog as I used to be...! I didn't find the Special Effects dye to last very long at all. I prefer Manic Panic or Directions :) if you're looking for a Orange-Red Colour try Directions - Fire or Manic Panic - Wildfire xx

      Delete

 
Confessions of a Dyeaholic © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects